Walnut Creek Intermediate PTA
Every Child, One Voice
Walnut Creek Intermediate PTA | 2425 Walnut Blvd. | Walnut Creek, CA 94597
Volunteer Opportunities at WCI:
There is a common misconception that there is nothing for parent volunteers to do at WCI. This couldn't be further from the truth! There are dozens of opportunities for parents to get involved. You can contact the PTA VP of Volunteers to discuss opportunities that fit your skills and schedule.
- Email Database Management
- Grade Level Activity Days
Parent support is needed and highly encouraged at many levels. How can you get involved?
- Fill out and turn in your volunteer form at TRI-S (Registration Day) each year;
- Watch the weekly enews for opportunities and follow up with the contact name listed--don't wait to be called!;
- Contact the PTA VP of Volunteers Nick Smetak to discuss opportunities that fit your skills and schedule.
- Attend Parent Education Magazine Sales
- Legislative Representative
- Chaperones: Dances, Skate Nights, Field Trips
- Early Wednesday Supervision
- Community Coordinating Council
Each year WCI parents log over an astonishing 17,000 volunteer hours. To put that into context, that's the equivalent of 12 full-time staff members or $90,000 + in minimum wage hours (not including employer taxes and benefits!).
Have you volunteered here at WCI this year or over the summer? It's important to report your hours so that they may be compiled in this year's report. State PTA compiles these hours and uses them in their advocacy efforts for schools and children. Please send an e-mail to the WCI PTA Historian with your name, phone number, your child’s grade, the number of hours you volunteered, and in what capacity.
Keeping Track of Volunteer Hours!