7th & 8th Grade Dances
- Sponsored by WCI and organized by Leadership Students, these events are typically hosted in the fall, winter and spring. PTA supports these events by coordinating chaperone volunteers, and snack donations.
- 1st Dance – Friday, October 12th from 3:15-5:15pm in the WCI Gym.This Pumpkin/Graveyard themed Fall
Dance needs volunteers for check-in, backpack check-in, chaperones, and snack donations. Volunteers are asked to arrive at 3:00 pm.
For more information on what is needed and to sign up to help click here to view the SignupGenius.
Please provide snack donations in disposable containers. We will also need paper plates, napkins, and cups.
Civil War Day – May 24, 2019 : 8:30 am – 12:42 pm
- Social studies comes to life, in a field day event run by our wonderful parent volunteers.
- Civil War Day is a half-day event where students experience a little of what it was like to be a soldier during the Civil War. Students construct a tent camp, write letters home, play games, march, drill, and participate in a mock battle. This is a memorable event, and one that requires a lot of parent volunteers.
WCI Class of 2019 End of Year Activities
May 31st, 2019 6:30 pm- 8:30 pm
Under the Big Top Carnival Party – Sponsored by WCI PTA if funded through Donations
- Students will gather in the Multi-Use Room at WCI. No admittance allowed after 7 PM. Only WCI 8th grade students with student ID cards will be admitted. Food, drinks and activities will be provided for the graduates free of charge. Dress is casual. This will be an active and fun event! Students will be dismissed promptly at 8:30 PM.
- To donate to the 8th Grade Party – please log into Membership Toolkit . Select My Account & My Forms/Paperwork to select the Grade Level Donation Form and select “8th Grade Graduation Donation”
June 4th, 2019 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Picnic at Heather Farm
- The picnic will be held at Clarke Memorial Swim Center at Heather Farm Park, 1750 Heather Drive, from 9 AM–2 PM. Students must sign in at a designated table between 9-9:30 AM and will be dismissed at 2 PM There will be planned activities, swimming and lunch. Snacks and lunch will be provided–no outside food is allowed. Students should bring a swimsuit, towel, sunscreen and hat. Sports equipment and/or cameras are optional. Parents are responsible for transportation to and from the picnic.
June 6th, 2019 5:30pm
- Eighth grade students will be released early at 1:25 PM. No bus service is available at that time. Students must return and check in at the gym no later than 5 PM. The graduation ceremony begins promptly at 5:30 PM on the field. The field will open for seating at 4:30 PM. There is no reserved seating for guests.
- Dress code guidelines for graduates: Promotion ceremony attire is dressy casual. All clothing should abide by the school dress code. Please note students will walk across the field during the ceremony. Choose footwear accordingly.
Want to help fund the party and picnic?
Log in to Membership Toolkit. Select My Account & My Forms/Paperwork to select the Grade Level Donation Form and select “8th Grade Graduation Donation”.
Want a lasting momento of the event?
The Panoramic Graduation Photo form will be online soon. Deadline to order Grad Photo is TBD
Questions? Contact TBD, 8th Grade Parent Representative
PLEASE NOTE: Students must meet all eligibility criteria in order to participate in any or all of the 8th grade graduation activities.