SCREENAGERS: Growing Up in the Digital Age
November 7th, 2018 – 7pm at WCI
Book your free tickets now! Please click on the Registration Link to RSVP and ensure your spot. Parents/Guardians and kids age 10+ are welcome.
- A version of the movie will be shown to all 8th Graders on 11/2.
- Followed by the showing for parents/guardians and kids ages 10+ on 11/7.
- A panel discussion will follow the movie screening. Estimated end time is 8:30pm
PTA volunteers coordinate the Parent Education topics at WCI based on feedback/concerns shared from parents and school staff. Topics vary, but most deal with issues about the challenges of parenting an adolescent.
Parent Education Materials/Presentations:
Parent Education Library:
Our students and teachers are very fortunate to have a wonderful library at their disposal. But did you know that we have a parent education collection within our library?
These books are available for checkout by parents. Some of the useful titles in this collection include:
- The Hurried Child: Growing up Too fast, Too Soon,
- Reviving Ophelia: Saving the Selves of Adolescent Girls.
Our newest additions include:
- Raising a Son and Raising Daughter both by Don Elium, who was a previous Brown Bag Lunch speaker.
Just come in and ask to be added to our patron database. We will be happy to help you find books on topics you are interested in. Come in to see what we have to offer. And if you have any books you are no longer using but you think would help another parent, we happily accept donations.