“I will change the world by…”
That’s the theme for the 2021-2022 Reflections Art Program which has been bringing the arts to life for more than 10 million students since 1969. And California State PTA and its members, families and kids are on the forefront of this amazing program, which increases community awareness of the importance of arts in education. For student entry details check the eNews and PTA Membership Toolkit
Reflections encourages students of all ages to:
- Unleash creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the fun and joy of making art
- Tap into critical-thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art.
All WCI students are invited to participate and submit original artwork in one of six areas:
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts.
Participation in the Reflections Program is organized by school grade. Student works are critiqued against others in the same grade division. Deadline for WCI entries is October 8, 2021.
The Reflections Program is structured for PTAs to recognize students at the local unit, council, PTA district, state and national levels. Entries are first judged at the local unit level, where selected works are chosen to represent the PTA at each subsequent level depending on each state PTA structure. Once entries reach the state level, the state PTA may select entries to submit to the National PTA. Award of Excellence and Awards of Merit are recognized at the annual National PTA convention and are displayed as part of the program’s traveling exhibit.
- All entries submitted must be original works and must relate to the annual Reflections Program theme.
- Each entry must be the work of only one student. Assistance from teachers, parents or friends is not permitted except in special cases (such as for those with visual or physical disabilities)
- Participation encourages creativity and exploration. Students should do their best, but crooked lines, incorrect musical notes, or misspelled words do not disqualify anyone.
For more information, please contact Amanda Naprawa, our VP of Programs email@example.com